How to Find Tenders (RFP, RFI, RFQ) and Develop Your Business
Last updated by Brecht Carnewal on 2023-04-20
Winning tenders can be game-changing for your business, providing you with the opportunity to grow your customer base, increase your revenue, and raise your company's profile.
Finding the right tenders (Request for Proposal, Request for Information, or Request for Quotation) can be a challenging task. Don’t worry - we will guide you on how to find the tenders that match your business.
Understand the different types of tenders
Before you start searching for tenders, it's crucial to understand the differences between RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs. (We've covered this topic before)[/post/rfi-rfp-rft-and-rfq-difference], here are the essentials:
- Request for Proposal (RFP): An RFP is a formal document that outlines a company's requirements and invites suppliers to submit a proposal detailing how they can meet those requirements and at what cost.
- Request for Information (RFI): An RFI is a preliminary document that a company uses to gather information about potential suppliers and their capabilities. An RFI may be followed by an RFP or RFQ.
- Request for Quotation (RFQ): An RFQ is a document that requests pricing information for specific products or services. Unlike an RFP, an RFQ does not typically include detailed requirements or specifications.
Identify relevant tender sources
There are numerous sources for finding tenders, including:
- Government websites: Many governments have dedicated websites or portals for public tenders. Examples include FedBizOpps in the United States, Tenders Electronic Daily in the European Union, and Contracts Finder in the United Kingdom.
- Private sector websites: Some private companies also publish tenders on their websites or use third-party platforms to manage their procurement processes.
- Industry-specific websites: Depending on your industry, there may be specific websites dedicated to tenders in your field.
- Tender notification services: Subscription-based services can notify you of relevant tenders based on your business's profile and preferences. Examples include TendersInfo and B2B Quote.
Register your business
Many tender sources require businesses to register before they can access or submit tenders. Registering your business with relevant tender websites will ensure you receive notifications of new tenders and can submit proposals when the time comes.
Set up email alerts
To stay up-to-date on the latest tender opportunities, set up email alerts with tender notification services and industry-specific websites. This way, you'll be notified as soon as relevant tenders become available.
Network with industry professionals
Building relationships with key individuals in your industry can lead to valuable information about upcoming tenders. Attend industry events, conferences, and trade shows to network with potential clients and learn about their procurement processes.
Monitor your competitors
Keep an eye on your competitors by monitoring their websites, press releases, and social media accounts. This can reveal information about the tenders they're winning, which can help you identify new opportunities and improve your own tender submissions.
Not all tenders are worth pursuing. Be selective and focus on those that are a good fit for your company's capabilities, resources, and goals. This will increase your chances of winning and ensure you're not wasting time on unsuitable opportunities.
Prepare a strong proposal
Once you've identified a tender opportunity, it's essential to submit (a compelling proposal)[/post/steps-to-rfp-winning-proposals]. Tailor your response to the specific requirements outlined in the tender documents, provide clear and concise information, and demonstrate your company's expertise and experience.
By following these steps, you can increase your chances of finding and winning tenders, ultimately helping you grow and develop your business. Stay proactive, persistent, and focused on your goals to make the most of the tender opportunities available.
🎓 We recommend Tended.ai to create your proposal response. Get started today!
Start automating RFP answers today.
We're confident you'll love our platform and the value it provides.
Register your account today and see for yourself.